The Sherry L. Reames Graduate Student Travel Award for Hagiographical Studies
The Hagiography Society is pleased to invite applications for the Sherry L. Reames Graduate Student Travel Award for Hagiographical Studies. Named in honor of the beloved founder and long-time leader of the Society, the award provides $500 to be used toward travel to present at the International Congress on Medieval Studies, held annually at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI.
Students enrolled in a graduate program (anywhere in the world) are eligible to apply if their paper, on a topic involving hagiography, has been accepted for inclusion in the program of the International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, MI, at the time of application. Preference may be given to Hagiography Society members.
Please submit the following documents (combined in a single PDF) by November 1 to the Secretary / Treasurer of the Hagiography Society (www.hagiographysociety.org) :
• a current curriculum vitæ
• the abstract for the accepted paper, identifying the panel on which it will be presented • a cover letter, addressing the following questions:
- How does this paper fit into your scholarly trajectory?
- Have you presented at a scholarly conference before?
- Have you received other funding for travel (this paper or others)?
Successful applicants will be informed of the results by December 15.